Your District of Columbia Corporation Formed By:
Washington DC Corporation Advantages
- The corporation is a complex business type with a long history. When you form a Washington DC corporation, the officers are responsible for its daily operations. The board of directors manages its business affairs.
- Washington DC corporations must pay the Franchise Tax. The tax rate is 9.2% with a $250 minimum payment (if gross receipts equal $1 million or less) or a $1000 minimum payment (if gross receipts equal more than $1 million). Washington DC individual income tax rates range from 4% to 8.95%.
- Under the Washington DC Business Organizations Code, one or more persons may incorporate a business by filing the articles of incorporation. Once the corporation is formed, a separate legal entity is created, protecting the shareholders from liability for corporate debts and obligations.
- Incorporating a Washington DC business makes it possible to transfer ownership by selling stocks and shares. This is great for a growing business looking for investors or for a business that will outlive its current ownership.
How to Form a Washington DC Corporation
File the Articles of Incorporation with the Washington DC Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs
Washington DC corporations are formed by filing a document called the Articles of Incorporation with the DCRA’s Corporation’s Division.
Include the following information in the Articles of Incorporation
- Washington DC corporation name
- Washington DC registered agent and registered office address
- Number of authorized shares
- Name and signature of a person authorized to form the corporation (known as the incorporator(s))
Submit the completed Articles of Incorporation to the Washington DC Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs.
Washington DC corporations can be filed by mail, in person, or online. The DCRA’s office takes at least 15 business days (plus mail time) to process your filing. Expedited processing options are available.
Incorporate Fast™ can help you incorporate your Washington DC business for $99 plus state fees.
Form Your Washington DC Corporation Today
DC Corporation Costs and Fees
|Washington DC Incorporation Costs
||$100 for one day service $50 for 3 day service
|Washington DC Corporation Maintenance Fees
||$300 (the first 2-year report is due by April 1 of the year following incorporation)
||$300 (due by April 1 every other year)
|DC Basic Business License
||Washington DC does require a general business license. License fees vary depending on what type of business you operate. We recommend completing the Washington DC Basic Business License Application online.
Do Washington DC corporations require bylaws?
The incorporators or board of directors must adopt bylaws for a DC corporation. The purpose of corporate bylaws is to regulate the corporation’s internal business affairs. Incorporate Fast™ includes corporate bylaws with every Washington DC incorporation package. Well drafted bylaws will cover issues such as the settlement of shareholder disputes, distribution of profits and losses, and guidelines for meetings.
Let Incorporate Fast™ Start Your DC Corporation
Navigating the DC business bureaucracy is notoriously difficult and time consuming. In addition to incorporating and getting a DC business license, your corporation will need to hold meetings, open a bank account, and adopt bylaws. It is a lot to deal with. The IncFast Washington DC incorporation service includes bylaws, meeting minutes, and resolutions, so you can focus on operating a successful business.
Washington DC Incorporate Fast™ clients can expect the following:
- Speed Incorporate Fast™ can incorporate your Washington DC business in as little as 1 business day. Let us take the hassle out of starting a business in Washington DC. We file your Articles of Incorporation with the DCRA as quickly as possible, so you have one less thing to worry about.
- Quality Our experience forming Washington DC corporations means you get the best quality service available.
- Online Accounts We make it easy for you to manage your business. When you sign up for service, IncFast provides a secure online portal where we offer everything you need. You can monitor your business status, access state business forms, and find our DC filing tips.
- Long-Term Support IncFast also offers a Washington DC registered agent service with added benefits. As your registered agent for DC, we send electronic reminders for biennial report dates and service of process and official mail for your business.