The following tips for filing an LLC are just suggestions, and not requirements. Our suggestions can be used to start an LLC, file an LLC, or create an LLC.
- Select more than one name choice. In some instances, your first name choice may not be available.
- If you are unsure about which business filing structure is right for you, consult an accountant.
- Create a reasonable business plan, with a marketing strategy for getting clients and generating revenue.
- Know and follow all local, state, and federal guidelines and filing requirements.
- Pay your state and federal taxes on time.
- Register your business locally if required and file your DBA. Keep any required licenses current.
It is good business practice for a business owner to be knowledgable about local business practices and regulations.
You should file a DBA in your state and make sure that you file all of the required state documents. Do not be late
with your tax filings as this often times increases the likelihood of an audit.